Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Super Powers Cards

Good afternoon! The sun is shining and it's been a beautiful early Spring day. Hard to believe that one week ago today, we had 3' of snow on the ground. Today, as I look out my study window, I see bare grass. (Happy sigh)

I signed up for a children's birthday card swap with my fellow CTMH consultants. I was so excited to dig out my new Super Powers stamp set and get crafty.
This was my "first draft", so to speak. It felt a little flat to me, even with the 3-D foam adhesive. So I went back to the drawing board, and this is what I came up with.
I used a Mojo Monday sketch from a few weeks ago. I think this one is just right, though both look nice.

Products Used:
Fanfare L2 Paper (Retired)
Super Powers Stamp Set
Card Word Puzzle Stamp Set
Black Brads
Martha Stewart Red Baker's Twine
Grey Wool Baker's Twine
Watercolor Pencils
Black, Honey, Grey Wool and Pacifica Inks

The second card presents a wonderful way to use up small scraps. There are (5) 1x4 strips, standard size card base, 3x3 1/2 white center cardstock, 2x1 cranberry cardstock, centered (slightly smaller) white sentiment cardstock. Twine is wrapped around 3 times and tied together.

My kids loved coloring in a few extra Super Hero images that I had stamped. It's a great way to keep them busy when Mama wants to get crafty. :)

Have a wonderful evening!

Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment