Monday, January 5, 2015

FMS167 Birthday Card with Heart

Good morning. I finally found time to play along with a sketch, this year (haha). I recommend when you aren't feeling the crafty mojo, that you ease gently back into things with some tried and true sketches. Then, it's much easier to design a project when you've played with stamping and cutting. 

I've been looking at this sketch from Freshly Made Sketches for the past 2 weeks. I knew I was inspired, but it was hard to narrow down what paper and stamp I wanted to use. After having a friend over to play scrap this past Friday, I saw her excitement at her recent purchase of the Cutie Pie stamp set. It was contagious.

So, this card is for a special person...my daughter's first grade teacher. She is truly one of the sweetest people I know. Add to that, I happen to know that her mom makes handmade cards, so I knew this would be perfect for her.

Recipe:
Paper: Heartstrings, Black CS, Lagoon CS, White Daisy CS, Black Paper Fundamentals CS (CTMH)
Stamps: Card Word Puzzle (retired), Cutie Pie (retired) (CTMH)
Inks: Cranberry, Blush (retired), Lagoon (CTMH), Black (VersaFine)
Tools: Paper-Piercer, Shinhan Alcohol Markers, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Craft Tray, Craft Heater, Liquid Glass, Heart Embossing Folder (CTMH), Circle Die (MFT)
Other: Bitty Sparkles (CTMH)

Please Note: "Never Before Used Schtuff" - Heart Embossing Folder, Heartstrings paper, Cutie Pie stamp set. Ms. Darnell, I'm so happy I finally found time to play along with your super fun challenge. I encourage others to follow Darnell's blog. She's as sweet as she is talented.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

1) Freshly Made Sketches FMS167 Challenge
2) NBUS Challenge #3

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope your Monday is fantabulous.

Casandra

7 comments:

  1. This is great Casandra, love that gorgeous teal colour! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet treat for the teacher! Cute cupcake and I love the embossed hearts! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Casandra. I'm sure she will find the card very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card Casandra! Love that cupcake and the background of hearts! So cute! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that was such a nice thing to say, Casandra! I'm glad I found your blog, too, and I really appreciate that you played in and promoted my NBUS Challenge #3!! Your cupcake and hearts card is adorable and a great way to use pretty patterned paper! The sweet teacher is going to love it and her mom will be very impressed!! Happy New Year!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute blog Cassandra! Love the card and now am convinced i need to get my hands on that emboss folder!
    Thanks for the kind comment on my Year>>Noted blog post. You are more than welcome to use my layout as inspiration. I used Pattern 14 from Make It From Your Heart Vol 1 if that makes it easier.
    Look forward to seeing more of your work here in blogland!

    ReplyDelete