Friday, October 9, 2015

Sangria What Makes Me Smile Layout

Here's another twist on Sangria. I didn't realize until this layout was finished that I was channeling an inspiration piece made with Basic Grey's Persimmon kit.

Recipe:
Paper: Sangria, Outdoor Denim CS (retired), Glacier Blue CS, Colonial White CS (CTMH)
Stamps: Friend Tree, Zoe WOTG (CTMH)
Inks: Honey, Goldrush, Poppy, Pomegranate, Outdoor Denim (retired), Cocoa (CTMH)
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, Non-Stick Micro-Tip Scissors, Paper-Piercer (CTMH)
Other: Claire Complements (Clearance), Gold Shimmer Trim, Gold Sequins, Poppy Twine, White Embroidery Floss, Thin 3d Foam Tape (CTMH)

I had finished attaching photos, stamping, stitching and assembly and tried to decide what title I might use. After studying it for a few minutes, I realized that I had some Claire complements in my stash that I'd never used. The red was a pretty close match to my son's hoodie, and inspiration struck. Why not? It so happens that these complements are still available in the Clearance section of my website. However, this sketch is a fabulous one, and you may choose to steer it more in the direction of the true Sangria colors. While this layout is attended to go into my daughter's album, this could easily have been used for my son's album, too. Sangria's not just for girls!

The large photo is 6x8. What if you don't print out large photos? Well, you could either photo mat a 5x7 photo, or place (2) 4x4 photos side by side and add either a title box or a journal box directly below your photos. You could also do the same (4) 3x3 block and 4x6 photo on the opposite page, too. It just happened that I had already printed a large 8x10 of my favorite picture from this photo shoot. Yes, photography, scrapbooking and children are the things that make me smile. :)

Hope I have inspired you to see Sangria in a whole new way. Tomorrow, I will be sharing a more traditional color combo (purple!) with Sangria. 

Have a great day!

Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment