Sunday, January 8, 2017

CTS#203 Birthday Blast Card

Hello, again. I'm happy to share that my mojo has returned. Each time it goes away, I'm sad. It is usually slow to return, and I end up making a few failed attempts before the mojo comes back.

So this next card was inspired, in equal parts, by a couple of current challenges, as well as the constellation paper included in the new "Dreamin' Big" collection from Close To My Heart.


Recipe:
Paper: Dreamin' Big, Hello Lovely, Peacock CS, Whisper CS, Black CS, White Daisy CS, Glacier CS (CTMH)
Stamp: Birthday Blast (retired) (CTMH)
Ink: VersaMark, Black (Memento)
Tools: Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Paper-Piercer, Micro-Tip Scissors, Glue Pen (CTMH), Cricut Design Space 
Other: Gold Shimmer Trim (CTMH), 3d Foam Tape (CTMH), Silver Stars (Jo-Ann Fabrics)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

1) Case this Sketch CTS#203 
2) Seize the Birthday "Anthing Goes"
3) Heart 2 Heart "Silver and Gold"

The rocket and moon, stars and cloud images were created in Cricut Design Space. I signed up for Cricut Access. It's perfect when I don't have a certain image among my stamp sets.

Happy crafting!

Casandra

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I absolutely love the constellation paper and the rocket. What a great card for a little boy who has a birthday. Thanks for showing us the inside too. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday. Hope to see you again.
    Barbara DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casandra, I happened to peek at your blog yesterday - you have been a BUSY WOMAN lately! I am SO glad your mojo is back, because you create beautiful work :) This card is so cute - the rocket ship is the perfect element to the gold embossed sentiment. Love the finished inside of the card as well. Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart - and I am looking forward to seeing a lot more from you in the weeks and month to come, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. MY. GOSH! How adorable is that?! I absolutely love it for a few reasons...it can be for a male and I seldom make enough of my artwork to be used for such...it is an adorable use of the constellation paper...it's so attractive!

    Thanks for playing with us at H2H!
    MlisRobinson.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative card! I love it inside and out! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute twist on the Silver & Gold Heart 2 Heart theme! I am so glad you highlighted that constellation paper because I really hadn't noticed it yet. Thanks for playing along @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card and love the sentiment and love that you finished the inside of your card too. Thanks for sharing at Heart2Heart and please join us for future January challenges and become an Addict.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE!! Jen ~ Heart2Heart Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete