Sunday, April 9, 2017

Dreamin' Big Layouts

It was love at first sight when I saw the Dreamin' Big paper collection. I pondered for a while what I would use the kit for, and one night as I was drifting off to sleep, a light bulb went off. It was the perfect kit for the childrens' vacation layouts to Busch Gardens and Billy Swamp Safari in 2016.





I plan on using some of the pocket plus memory protectors to include more photos. Busch Gardens was especially fun while taking pictures. The kids were hamming it up and I couldn't get my camera out fast enough. It was worth it having to lug that heavy camera bag through the park. I also kept my Iphone handy, and when I needed to capture pictures quick, it was a snap. 

My first layout was inspired by a sketch I stumbled upon on Pinterest. I added the create-a-critter animals from Design Space, and if you click on the picture to enlarge it, you will see I used some pattern papers on some of the animals. My daughter said it looked "baby-ish". She's 8, and when the pictures were taken, she was just 7. LOL Oh well.

The final 3 layouts were created pretty much on point from the WYW kit. I thought they worked well with my photos. Sorry for the graininess of some of the pictures; I had Shutterfly print them in a matte finish, and I'm not sure I am happy with the results. It's the first time I've gotten prints that were less than perfect from there, so I'm willing to give them another shot.

If you are interested in the Dreamin' Big collection, it is only available this month while supplies last. You can visit my website here to see the entire collection.

Thank you for stopping by.

Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment